Attention Subcontractors! The University of Central Florida has some big projects in the works. Soon, there will be open bids for six multi million-dollar construction projects. Combined, the projects are worth almost $108 million.
According to the article in the OBJ, here’s a quick idea of what’s in the works:
- Interdisciplinary Research and Incubator. The first phase will cost about $30 million, and subcontractor bids are expected to go out in November.
- Engineering Building I renovation: The $3.6 million renovation will have open bids in March.
- Mathematical Sciences Building renovation: Bids are expected to go out in March on this $3.9 million project.
- Trevor Colbourn Hall and Colbourn Hall renovation: For $38 million, this project will construct a new building for faculty offices and renovate an existing one. Bids are going out in April.
- John C. Hitt Library expansion: This multi-phased project is kicking off, costing about $19 million. Bids are expected to go out in September.
- Central Energy Plant IV: Bids will go out in March. For $12.75 million, more chill-water plants are being added on campus.
As you know, opportunities such as these keep the industry growing. They provide hundreds of temporary construction jobs and will eventually create permanent jobs as the new facilities look to hire staff. For more information, visit UCF’s facilities planning and construction website.