Here is a link to a great article on the Construction Executive’s website. The article shares 10 tips on negotiating contracts.
- Understand the owner’s project performance requirements.
- Develop realistic cost estimates.
- Establish a realistic project schedule.
- Sell the project team.
- Pick risk allocation battles.
- Engage an insurance advisor.
- Strive for progressive dispute resolution.
- Understand the owner’s team.
- Encourage candid discussions.
- Avoid interim work before closing the contract.
Click HERE to read the details behind each tip in the full article.